Here's a festive looking makeup look I've been wearing quite a lot these last couple of weeks. I used a wash of a bright red shade (comes up quite muted and berry ones on my skin tone) all over my lid before defining with an espresso brown in the crease and finishing off the look with a matching berry lip. Details are below as usual. Hope you're all having a beautiful festive holiday season. x
Foundation // Sleek Lifeproof Foundation and ELF Foundation Palette
Self expression is an incredible form of art and so liberating once you find that thing that lights a spark inside you and turns into a raging fire. Drawing, painting, singing, dancing, sewing, creating; whichever form that may take for you, find it, and do it, with everything you have inside your heart and soul.
Bodysuit // Topshop
Jeans // Next
Special thanks to my dear friend Alicja Opiela for making me look like a bad-ass behind the lens.
1. You all know my favourite scent family from Lush by now so of course I went all out when all I needed after a super busy week at work was a good sack in the bath. I ran a bath with some Himalayan Bath Salt, Epson Salt, Rose Essence and Rose and other flower petals.
1. After a busy week at work, the first thing I wanted to do was go to my local flower market and pick up some fresh flowers! The best thing about picking up fresh flowers is that you always have a fresh batch to bath in after they've been in your company for a while.
2. Earlier sunsets means when I am able to catch them, I can bask in how spectacular they are and of course, beautiful photos which I can look back at.
3. Another luxury i treated myself to were some crystals, I ordered some online which haven't arrived yet so when I found a gorgeous little stall right next to the flower stall, I had to pick some up. Here you can see two Rose Quartz crystals, a Clear Quartz and a Sandstone.
4. Of course I treated myself to a Rose bath with my roses which were getting a little old. More details of my bath to come in tomorrow's post.
5. A closer look at my nails which I got re-done as my first set of Gel nails had started peeling off. I am all sparkly and ready for the work Christmas Party tomorrow! Bring on the glam.
BB Seaweed is a very cleansing mask, it leaves the skin feeling purified and smooth! It's very refreshing to use. The consistency is quite thick with bits of seaweed in it so t doesn't go on the face the smoothest but its a really nice mask to use. I used it the other day during my morning sack and it just woke my skin up and left it feeling refreshed and ready for the day.
I'm trying to push myself and develop and grow my sense of style and I thought one way of doing that could be wearing different colours of denim, more specifically, blue. I've stuck to black jeans for the last 3/4 years and haven't really ventured out of the colour sphere; I tend to experiment with cut and shape more than colour and this season, I seem to be gearing towards colour more than anything else.
I absolutely loved this double denim combo. The denim jacket is so warm as it has a shearling type lining on and jeans were such a comfy fit, which Topshop jeans always are.
Part two of the try-on series; these are both also from Topshop. Red is so in session this Autumn/Winter and it's a colour I'm completely obsessing over at the moment. I always seem to come back to red and my continuously growing obsession with me.
Jumper // Topshop
Suit // Topshop
Bodysuit // Ann Summers
(For some reason these items are not appearing on the website but I'm sure you could find them in your local store if you went in and had a look. If I find them online, I'll update you guys with the links. Happy shopping! )
I went into Topshop the other day and tried on a couple of items which I fell in love with and will be treating myself to this holiday season. I wanted to share what I tried on with you guys in coloured themes so today we'll be doing pink. (You'll be reading this on Thursday but it's actually yesterday's post, hence the title.)
Yesterday I picked up a couple of samples from Lush and thought it would be nice to do a first impressions of them. I picked up Rosy Cheeks and BB Seaweed and used Rosy Cheeks last night and again this morning.
This is more like a second impressions as I've used Rosy Cheeks before and loved it. It's a clay like texture but doesn't dry on the skin and turn hard like most clay masks. It actually leaves the skin feeling very moisturised and soft and actually makes my pores feel very small. Overall it leaves the skin feeling very soft and more even. I think this is the kind of mask that would feel different on different skin types because of how gentle it is, so for me, I have Dy/Combination skin which leaves my skin feeling more even and moisturised where it's usually dry and less oily where it tends to get more oily. I would recommend this for all skin types and it's easier to use more often because of how the mask works which is a plus because some days you just need that extra TLC.
You can purchase this mask at all Lush stores and online.
Wear the clothes you want. Experiment with your style. Be as outrageous and extravagant as you want. Wear all the colours that exist if that's what you want. Or if you want to wear only one colour for the rest of your life, do it. But that necklace and wear it with the top that you don't know if it goes 100%. Don't care what others think. Don't care what anyone thinks at all. All that matters is how you feel. As long as you're happy, that's all that counts.